At the Neighbourhood Justice Centre (NJC), we work together to address underlining causes of offending behaviour. Our specialist teams look at justice innovation, how to improve access to justice, crime prevention, community capacity building, and specialist programs on community conflict resolution.
The NJC was designed to:
- promote community justice innovation to reduce reoffending and crime rates
- enhance community perceptions of safety and confidence in the justice system
- improve access to justice for the community.
- champion problem solving approach to justice
- allow the establishment of a multi-jurisdictional court
- implement a fairer Victoria, particularly for the vulnerable members of the community
Magistrate Noreen Toohey OAM: Magistrate at the NJC
Alycia Ashcroft: Education and Public Programs Manager at the NJC
Rachel Powning: General Manager of the NJC
You may also be interested in
Learn the basics of law for community groups in Ballarat! Topics include setting up, incorporation, auspicing, documenting meetings, reporting to CAV, SGMs, and accessing online resources.
Learn about the court hierarchy in Victoria and the role of police in the court system.