*Colac Neighbourhood House lunch: meet your local community legal organisation *
Barwon Community Legal Service provides free legal assistance for people living in the Colac Otway region.
What are legal health checks?
We keep our bodies healthy by eating the right foods, exercising and getting enough sleep. Just like our physical health, our “legal health” needs care too.
A few simple steps can help to improve your legal health.
By knowing your rights and knowing where to go for help, you can avoid, reduce or resolve your problems.
This can save money, time and stress.
Legal health checks help you identify everyday life problems that most people face at some time in their life, such us:
- Issues with child support payments, parenting arrangements or relationships issues
- Problems in relationships with safety or intervention orders
- Trouble with Centrelink payments
- Problems with unpaid accounts, fines, debts or AfterPay
- Trouble getting your landlord to fix things in your house
- Knowing if your wages or work conditions are fair
- Being treated unfairly by an organisation or government agency
- Problems getting birth certificates or photo ID
- Knowing your rights if you’re a victim of crime
- Upcoming court dates
You may also be interested in
Do you or somebody you know disagree with a Centrelink decision? Join Victoria Legal Aid for a practical conversation about the steps you can take.
Join our free legal webinar to learn about the pitfalls of 'no win - no fee' agreements and how to make informed choices. Featuring experts from Victorian Legal Services Board and Commissioner.